Tuesday, February 05, 2008

book meme

Meme grabbed from Mimi :)

1. What book have you read in the last six months that has really stayed with you? Why?

Well, right now I am reading, "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver. It's very inspiring so far

2. What is one of your favorite childhood books?

I'll have to echo others on this, the "Little House" books. I read them over and over.

3. Do you have a favorite book of the Bible? Do tell.

The Gospel of John. Also the Epistle to the Hebrews.

4. What is one book you could read again and again?

There's a lot that I have read over and over, see above, and the Harry Potter books, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I also love to read cookbooks. :)Oh, and how could I forget, Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin series (though I've only completed the first seven so far).

5. Is there a book you would suggest for Lenten reading? What is it and why?

There's a few, Great Lent, First Fruits of Prayer- The Canon of St Andrew, and The Arena.

And because we all love bonus questions, if you were going to publish a book what would it be? Who would you want to write the jacket cover blurb expounding on your talent?
probably a cookbook because I am terrible at writing and have no interest in writing a book, but I love to cook. Or photography.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

You'd do a gorgeous photography book, and I'd write your introduction!

I've got "A,V,M" on my "to read" pile but I keep bumping it down!

I've not read "The Arena" I should.

Great meme, I love your answers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home