Wednesday, January 23, 2008

News!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted anything since November. I have been meaning to, and then dear Sara asked, so I am finally getting around to it. I am moving!!! Not just moving, but, moving to California! I was given notice by my landlord to move out so that her daughter could move in. So I am packing up and heading south. It is a hard thing since I LOVE Washington, and HATE California, but, love will make you do things like that. I am very sad to leave my parish, my wonderful parish family and friends, and my job and patients, but am looking forward to new things. I am moving to Bakersfield, of all places. How much further away from Bainbridge Island in terms of scenery could I get than that? I am also looking forward to being able to make visits further south to my friends down there. The stay in Bakersfield is not permanent, Michigan will be the next move, God willing. Please keep me, Mary Magdalene, in your prayers.
Ernest and me

13 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Congratulations! Even though we haven't seen each other often, we will miss you!!!!

And please, post more!!!

although i am way guilty of not posting enough!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

Congratulations!

My sympathies about the Bakersfield part, though :)

I love that photo! Thank you! And, I can't wait to see you soon, God willing!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Liz in Seattle said...

Congratulations! Drat! Oh wait, that was the selfish part ;-)

Believe it or not, I have many fond memories of Bakersfield, but mostly because I got to know some of my dear inlaws there. Take the time to drive up to Tehachapi, or up the Kern River into the mountains. The Sierras are wonderful. Oh, and check out the wineries in Paso Robles :-)

When's the big day?

We'll miss you, my friend. Godspeed!

Love,
Liz, Steve, and the boys

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Susan Sophia said...

*sniff sniff*

joy joy joy

i love you

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Christina,
I will miss you too. I do wish I spent more time in Portland. Maybe I'll be able to get back up there this summer for the iconography class. I am definitely going to try to post more. :)
Liz,
one step at a time. :) I will miss you guys and everyone. Maybe try to get over to St Elizabeth's for a visit before I leave?
Susan,
I LOVE you!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Congratulations, and prayers from Down Under.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Ian, thank you!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Susan said...

good luck Dawn!
Life does take strange twists and turns!
It was very nice meeting you. Keep posting!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous kristinsdottir said...

We'll miss you up here, Dawn! Best wishes!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger papa herman said...

Bakersfield-- the land of Buck Owens.

Safe travels and blessings to you as you make your new home my friend!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

thank you my friends.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger E Rica said...

I have a friend in Bakersfield. THey go to the Greek Church there. I'm sure you'll like it. :) Best wishes on your move.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Erica,
thank you! I've been here a month. I like it. I do miss my friends and my parish. The Greek Church here is nice and I'm enjoying the sunshine. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home